Write a review
- Chicken 1 kg whole
- Curry powder 1 tsp (heaped)
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt ¾ cups
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Orange red color quarter tsp
- Chaat masala ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Give cuts on chicken, marinate with vinegar and half tsp salt for 30 minutes.
- Mix rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove water from chicken, and marinate with mixed spices for another 2 hours.
- Cook in a handi till water dries, deep fried from both side until golden.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and lemon juice. Serve warm.
- Chargha is made with whole chicken and typically this is baked. A very popular dish in Pakistan, serve with naan, vegetable salad and raita. In this recipe chargha is made in pan, indeed a simple recipe.