Chicken 65 is a spicy, deep-fried chicken dish originating from Hotel Buhari, Chennai, India, as an entrée, or quick snack. The flavour of the dish can be attributed to red chillies, but the exact set of ingredients for the recipe can vary.
- Frying pan
- Air Fryer
- 750 grams Chicken Boneless
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Zeerah
- ⅓ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Grounded Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Yogurt Greek
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 4 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Oil Hot preferred
- 2 cup Oil If frying or user Air Fryer instead
- 2 tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 6 pieces Green Chilli Diagonally Sliced
- Take chicken boneless of your choice, wash it well, slice the chicken roughly into 1-inch cube, cut the chicken keeping the knife at 45° angle
- Apply salt to the chicken and add the remaining ingredients of marinade, mix well and marinade for 30-35 minutes. The longer you marinade the better the flavour of chicken will be.
- Once marinated add rice flour, corn flour and hot oil to the chicken, mix well so the flour gets coated well, you can more flour if the moisture level is too much
- Set oil for deep frying, fry the chicken in hot oil on high flame initially for 2 minutes and further lower the heat to medium low and fry until the chicken is crisp, cooked and tender. Alternatively, use an air fryer.
- Set a wok on medium high heat, add oil, garlic, green chillies & curry leaves, sauté lightly and add the fried chicken, toss it well and add black pepper powder a pinch, toss well.