Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken tikka masala is a dish of chunks of roasted marinated chicken in a spiced curry. The curry is usually creamy and orange-coloured.
- Instant Pot
- 15 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt To Taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder Roasted
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder Roasted
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 6-8 units Garlic Cloves Crushed
- ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Butter
- Handful of Chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to overnight, in an air tight container in the fridge. The longer you marinate, the better.
Cooking in Instant Pot
- Turn on the saute mode on your instant pot. Add the oil and let it heat for 1 minute. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 2- 3 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Now add the masala gravy ingredients.
- Mix, and cancel the saute mode. Close the instant pot lid, move the valve to sealing, and put on manual pressure for 6 minutes.
- Do NPR for 2 minutes and then vent. Open lid. Refer to finishing instructions below in the recipe card.
Cooking on stove top
- Add oil to a medium sized pot, and add the oil.
- Add the chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and set aside.
- Now add ginger and garlic, and saute for 20 seconds or so.
- Then add the spices and saute for 30 seconds. Add the crushed tomatoes. Add the salt and sugar, 1/4 cup water, and allow the sauce to reach a simmer.
- Lower the heat, and cook for about 15-20 minutes, while stirring every few minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, and stir to combine. Refer to finishing instructions below.
- Turn on the saute mode on the IP OR if using stove top, turn up the heat to medium. Bring the chicken tikka masala up to a simmer. Add heavy cream, kasuri methi, butter and chopped coriander. Serve with rice and or naan.